Software Development Engineer
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Using agile/scrum methodology as software development practice, the Software Development Engineer will develop and maintain various features of DISA's flagship application DISAWorks, multiple DISA APIs and other cross-platform software applications. As a Software Engineer, you will perform Full-Stack software development using ASP.NET, C#, Visual Basic, SQL and other software development technologies. You will design, create, modify and test DISAWorks software application as well as analyze and design company-wide databases. You will use many software design architectures which primarily includes microsystems architecture and three-tier architecture to restructure legacy software system. Additionally, various internal and 3rd party APIs will be used for multi-server communication via a wide range of RESTful web services. You will analyze, review and troubleshoot complex codebase using Object Oriented Principles, Design Patterns, and SOLID principles.
A Day in the Life
- You will design, develop, and maintain multiple software applications using C#, Visual Basic and ASP.NET framework via Visual Studio development engine and SQL Server Management Studio to make them more scalable, maintainable, secure, and efficient.
- You will adhere to systematic software development practices which includes SOLID principles and primary design patterns.
- You will create unit tests, integration test, server-performance tests, and database management tests on Visual Studio Testing framework.
- You will run complex multi-thread debugging on visual studio debuggers and client-side browser debuggers.
- You will consult with business analysts and end-users to analyze and understand functions, client needs, objectives, desired features, and business requirements which are automated into software solutions.
- You will perform grooming, planning, daily stand-ups and retrospections with the assigned scrum teams to convert business specifications from business analysts and into real-time software solutions within 2 weeks of time frame.
- You will conduct reviews, approvals, and guides 3rd party contractors’ and computer programmers’ software updates.
- You will perform maintenance of existing custom software, including end-user support via support tickets.
- You will monitor and document performance improvements of software solutions after implementation.
- You will implement a complex deployment life cycle by using bitbucket GIT repositories and Azure DevOps via version-based releases and PowerShell scripts.
- You will write and maintain functional and technical specifications via systematic documentation processing.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Houston, TX, USA