Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
You will be responsible for compiling, computing and recording the billing, accounting, statistical and other numerical data for billing purposes. You will be responsible for keeping detailed and accurate records. You will be tasked with providing a high level of customer service.
A Day in the Life:
- You will post customer payments by recording checks and credit card transactions and entering them in to the accounting software.
- You will deposit checks in the bank via remote deposit.
- You will collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, or fax, and resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering
- You will participate in the bank reconciliation.
- You will prepare and update various reports in Excel.
- You will participates in special projects and other duties as assigned by the controller.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Has the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Has the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, accounting software, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Has High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sitting at a desk for the extent of the workday.
- Visually reading information from a computer screen for the extent of the workday.
- Ability to operate a mouse for the extent of the workday.
- Ability to type and utilize a keyboard for the extent of the workday.
- Ability to lift objects that weigh a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- San Diego, CA, USA