Business Analyst IT
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Ensures and maintains the effectiveness of DISA’s
IT solution delivery by evaluating business problems, challenges, and
opportunities to identify optimal software solutions. Maintain ongoing contact with other business
stakeholders as well as IT development and support staff to assess project
progress and priorities, provide or seek input on solutions, assist in
developing systems requirements and programming specifications, coordinate
implementation of solutions, discuss new software tools, and\or identify
A day in the life:
- You will advise management in areas of concern with regard to business areas in need of an IT solution or IT solutions falling short of business need
- You will advise IT development and support personnel of business drivers and functional requirements behind IT projects as well as potential technical methods that could better address functional requirements
- You will assist in implementation of and training of business stakeholders in use of new IT solutions
- You will perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities
- You will create detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and translates into functional specifications
- You will review functional and design specifications and\work with development team and business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of individual IT deliverables
- You will provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- You will assist, facilitate and participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has 3 to 5 years of related job experience working in a business analyst or directly in business operational role.
- Has exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Has excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Has exposure to software and hardware design principles
- Has exposure to programming technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Java, Relational Database Design, Object-Oriented programming, and other web-interface technologies
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree Has 2 to 3 years of experience in a software development or support role
- Pay Type Salary
- Houston, TX, USA