Occupational Health Nurse
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
You will properly review the medical content and medical opinion for exams performed at the national network of clinics for compliance with best practices and regulatory guidelines. In addition, you will be discussing findings with clinical staff and treating medical providers when required. Direct interaction with applicants and employees to discuss medication taken and their ability to perform their job functions safely while taking such medication based on their job description provided.
A Day in the Life:
• You will serve as primary tier two level reviews for all medical exams.
• You will review exam paper work for legibility, completeness, best practice and regulatory compliance.
• You will escalate exams and situations to AWSI Occupational Physician when necessary.
• You will review exam result and key content against medical verification checklist in the system.
• You will correctly populate the medical verification checklist in the system for each exam type.
• You will review tier 1 exam reviews for accuracy.
• You will make outgoing telephone calls to LHCP’s to discuss potential issues.
• You will work with AWSI National Accounts team to discuss situations with clients.
• You will ensure all documents received are processed each day.
• You will communicate directly with Manager, other AWSI Nurses and AWSI Occupational Physician routinely.
• You will continue education to improve quality and efficiency of reviews.
• You will continually work on process improvements and decreased turnaround times.
• You will work with the Shared Services and Chase teams to promote efficiency.
• You will make outgoing telephone calls to applicants/employees to review the medication they are taking.
• You will work with clinics to ensure compliance with regulations and best practice.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has a valid RN license
• Has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Has previous experience in Occupational Health
• Has a Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN/COHN-S) or working towards certification
• Is familiar with state and federal requirements related to practice including OSHA, DOT, ADA, HIPAA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
• Has NIOSH Certification
• Is proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Is proficient with common office machinery (i.e. fax machine, scanner)
• Is proficient with multi-line phone system
• Is currently registered with the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners or ability to do so post hire
• Is able to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible
• Has strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Has a good eye for detail
• Has excellent customer service skills
Sitting at a desk for the extent of the workday.
Ability to lift objects that weigh a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tustin, CA, USA