DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
As a Scrum Master, you will be in a hands-on role in the IT Department focused on driving IT alignment. You will plan and coordinate technical solutions based on short-term and long-term needs. You will provide direction to the various project teams including responsibility for managing various project milestones, budgetary targets and end user expectations as well as running Scrum ceremonies.
A Day in the Life:
- You will encourage getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- You will facilitate discussions and decision making, and assists in mediation of conflict resolution.
- You will lead the team and guide them on how to get the most out of self organization.
- You will gives support using a servant leadership style whenever possible, lead by example, and demonstrate value-add principles.
- You will assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, and coach them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- You will build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgment, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- You will respond to and remove or find others to remove any reported impediments that obstruct a development team's pursuit of its goals, such as do what is necessary to ensure down computers are back up quickly and keep the developers comfortable.
- You will notice differences and issues as they arise, and elevates them to management.
- You will make tough calls, being a voice of reason and authority, ensuring Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to.
- You will work, collaborate, and communicate effectively, internally and externally, improving transparency and sharing information.
- You will organize and facilitate meetings, including preparing, moderating, and post processing.
- You will help with product release planning and enforce deadlines.
- You will support and educate the product owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and release plan.
- You will improve personal skills, continually learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself as well as help improve the team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technical marketing, business administration, or a related discipline
- Has at least 5 years of related experience
- Has proven ability to work with teams that design, build and deliver technology products that drive business growth
- Has CSM or the equivalent certification
- Has proficiency in project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Has experience understanding complex technical issues
- Has experience running a scrum team and holding scrum ceremonies
- Has basic understanding of SDLC
- Has basic understanding of IT security principles
- Has understanding of Agile vs Waterfall project techniques
- Has experience translating between business and technical teams
- Has strong organizational skills
- Is able to interact with both business/operations and IT teams
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has experience introducing Scrum into a new environment
- Pay Type Salary
- Houston, TX, USA